After a fab year I finished with a fab skirt and top combo. Maybe you recognize the material? I first used it on my April 2013 dress and still had enough for something else! So glad I got to use up this material but unfortunately I was using scraps so the front of the skirt is two pieces instead of one large piece. Pockets distract from that though; yay pockets! Haven't done them on the outside of a dress since November 2012!
Alas alack! A piece was missing! Pretty important one too: just the front of the top. As the picture shows; I chose C which is a different look to A and B. I had to work out how large it was by the armhole facing pieces and the straps of the back of the top! Mayhem ensued when working out where to put the dart in the chest area. But we got there in the end! I think if I'd had all the pieces I would've definitely done less than 6-7 hours on this one.
I didn't have any of those waistband hook and eyes so I had to go to Spotlight. I could've done it with a button instead, or maybe velcro but I wanted to try the waistband hook and eye. And the results are brill-o. The waistband flattens down nicely and looks nice and professional.
Materials: leftover material from April 2013 Old Diamond Rose Dress sourced from Graceville McIntyre Centre ($3.00), McCall's sewing pattern from Annerley St Vinnies (20c), zipper from Everton Park Lifeline (25c), interfacing from Keperra Lifeline (20c), waistband hook and eye from Spotlight ($2.50).
Cost to make: $6.25