This dress was an effort to give myself more casual dresses, as I already have a lot that are quite fancy. I visualized the dress but didn't have the right pattern so I used a skirt pattern, then the top part of a shift dress pattern from Peppermint (http://peppermintmag.com/other/sewing-school/) and had to alter it.
The collar I had to make up completely on my own, after I confused myself and thought I already owned a pattern for it. As a result of not having a pattern I got a little frustrated with it and the collar required changing a couple of times. It looked like a clown bib to begin with. In the end it was altogether not too hard a project to do, and I'll definitely do that cute Peter Pan collar again down the line, now I know how it's done.
Material from St Vinnies in Sumner (17 Jijaws Street, Sumner) and a pillowcase from Natalie K - thanks :)